Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
What can be better than a fresh out- of- the- oven chocolate muffin? The combination of the rice flour with the bananas provides these muffin with an extra delicious flavor. I have found that plant based cupcakes, muffins, banana breads and all the other baked goodies have so much more taste than the traditional dairy- egg- white sugar- white flour versions. Once you start devouring these plant based flavorful delicacies you will not go back to the cholesterol laden ones.
Eat them as soon as they have cooled off slightly, but just slightly.
The dough tastes even delicious when raw… Ben and Vivian fight over the privilege to clean out the bowl and eat the last little bit of the sweet yummy dough.
Fill two thirds of the muffin molds with dough.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup date paste (see recipe in "desserts")
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (I used brown and white ones)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F/ 170C.
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Fill dough in silicone muffin molds and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly brown with a toothpick inserted in the center coming out clean.