Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
There is hardly anything better than the sweetness of caramellized sweet potatoes. You can prepare the rounds in advance and fry them quickly just before the main course is served.
Caramellized Sweet Potatoes
Write a review
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Raw sugar
- With a fork, poke several holes into the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the microwave for 4 minutes, turn them over and cook for another 4 minutes. If they are still too hard, cook for another 2 minutes. They should be slightly soft but still hard enough to be cut in slices.
- Let the potatoes cool off, then peel them and cut them in 1/2" thick slices.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and arrange potato rounds in a single layer. Fry for a few 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Before flipping them over, sprinkle them with 1tablespoon of sugar.
- Flip them over and sprinkle them with a little bit of sugar. Fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining slices.