Citrus Salad With Honey
This refreshing salad might not look like much, but its much loved by opu rhcildren and I send it to school nearly every week. Add pomegreanate seeds i fyou happen to have them at home (unfortunatly, I ran out of them). The salad loaded with nutrients, especially with Vitamin C. Mint leaves have very powerful health properties. They promote digeation, helps you deal with nausea and headache and is very effective in clearing up congestion of the nose, throat, bronchi and lungs, which gives relief for respiratory disorders that often result from asthma and the common cold.
If the fruits are very sweet feel free to omit the honey in the recipe.
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 4 mandarins
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp Manuka honey (optional)
- Segment the grapefruit and oranges, cutting the fruit out of the membrane.
- Peel the mandarin oranges and then cut them into thin pieces.
- Combine all the citrus into a medium bowl.
- Add the honey and the mint. Gently mix the salad together.