Mixed Greens with Tangerine Cashew Dressing
Green leafy vegetables should be ideally eaten on a daily basis. When the kids were younger and not very keen on eating salads, I gave them the choice of either eating a salad with us or drinking the leaves in form of a smoothie. Either way was fine for me because they got all the nutrients and fiber. Nowadays, they are very much used to eating salads and I don’t need to “hide” the leaves anymore.
- 1 bag mixed greens (about 4 handful), washed
- 2 handful cerry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 Tangerines, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Crema di Balsamico
- Assemble salad, tomatoes, avocado pieces and hemp seeds in a salad bowl.
- For the dressing process cashews in food processor for about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Add water if too thick.
- Drizzle with dressing and mix well.