Zombie brain Cupcakes: mix frosting with green organic food coloring and spread on cupcakes. Add half a walnut as the brain and decorate with red sprinkles or icing sugar
Orange black cupcakes: Mix frosting with orange organic food coloring and spread on cupcakes. Decorate with orange/ black sprinkles
Mummies cupcakes: Apply white frosting with an icing bag in horizontal stripes. Leave out a thin gap and paint two black eyes with black gel.
Often times though, I am very grateful for the complete decorating cupcake kits form baking companies…
- 2 1/4 cups stoneground flour
- 1 cup date paste
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cup coffee (for the kids I use decaf coffee)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp egg replacer mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cupcake molds with Halloween cupcake wrappers.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl and mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well combined.
- Fill cupcake wrappers to two thirds with dough and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let them cool off completely.
- For the frosting combine all ingredients well. Adjust according to the type of cupcakes (see above).
- I usually use very little frosting if at all- too much unnecessary sugar. You can substitute the frosting with colored coconut whip but with all the nasty candy around on Halloween, I'd rather have the kids eat these cupcakes.