The success of this kids’ salad lies in the combination of fruits and vegetables. Make sure you cut the ingredients in small pieces and slices. Send the dressing along in a separate special dressing container. This has two advantages: Firstly, the kids will eat fresh crunchy salad instead of a soggy one (which they will most likely NOT eat) and secondly, they are having fun pouring the dressing from the fancy cool little squeeze- container over the salad.
- Green salad leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 handful strawberries
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 orange, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix salad ingredients together and place in kids' lunch box containers.
- Whisk together honey and lemon juice and place in a small dressing container for school.
- At lunchtime, the children will pour the dressing over the salad.