Oat Cookies- Best Served With Applesauce
Our daughter loves to have these as a snack at school.
The wonderful smell of the cookies while they are baking attracts both husband and kids… every time!
Because of the high amount of phytic acid in oats, I activate groats by soaking them for 48 hours in water with a bit of whey, then dry them in the oven on low heat. Then, I´ll roll them at one of the gulf food stores which has a grain mill. I would highly recommend this process if you want to eat oats on a more regular basis.
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1 cup date paste
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour (I process rolled oats in the blender to flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (170 degrees C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix banana with date paste and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the raising and rolled oats.
- With a tablespoon, take spoonfuls of dough and place on tray.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. They taste best when still warm.
- Serve with unsweetened organic apple sauce.