Plant- Based Vanilla Pudding
This is a classic and very famous German recipe, loved by all kids..and grown ups. Instead of using instant pudding powder I use cornstarch and vanilla extract. Feel free to top it with your choice of fresh fruits. Fresh blueberries taste delicious with the pudding!
- 2 cups activtaed almond or rice milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract or 1 bourbon vanilla bean, scraped
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 2-3 tbsp raw sugar
- Pacha of salt
- In a medium sized pot bring 1 3/4 cups milk, salt and sugar over medium heat to a boil.
- Meanwhile, stir cornstarch into the remaining 1/4 cup of milk.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling milk and add vanilla. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Rinse ramekins under cold water and fill with pudding mixture. Cover and let cool completely.