Quick Roasted Pepper Hummus
This is a tahini free hummus recipe and thus oil free. It is delicious as a dip, a spread or over cooked grains or vegetables. The kids like to eat it on a baked sweet potato, topped off with some grated vegan cheese.
We love the taste of roasted red peppers therefore I have included two recipes in the snack menu. I usually make more than one roasted pepper – one to use for the spread, the other ones to slice and use for sandwiches.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- Roast red pepper in the oven until the skin comes up in bubbles. Remove from oven and place in a plastic bag. Seal it and let cool off.
- Peel of skin and remove core and seeds of pepper.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Adjust according to taste.