Raw Apricot Balls
In raw balls you can pretty much “hide” anything- nuts, dried fruits and natural flavors like almond or pure vanilla extract). Whatever combination you come up with, make sure you add some dates for sweetness.
Raw, however, doesn´t mean non activated. make sure you only use activated nuts and seeds (not sure what I mean? Read this post http://plantbasedhappy.com/?p=6272)
These balls are the perfect snack. They’re sweet, they’re filling, and they feel like a little indulgence, even if they’re made from some pretty wholesome stuff.
- 2 cups activated cashews*
- 1 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened organic dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Process nuts until they have a flour like consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth about 2-3 minutes.
- Form small balls with moist fingers and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Soaked overnight, rinsed well and dried (or used right away but then I would dry them in the oven for one hour on low heat, otherwise they might get too creamy- have never tried the recipe with freshly soaked nuts)