Roasted Tomato Soup
This flavourful soup can be thrown together and ready under 30 minutes, which makes it a great weeknight dish Serve it with toasted wholegrain garlic bread or melted dairy- free cheese toasts.
The smell of oven roasted tomatoes with herbs fills the kitchen with a delicious aroma…
- 2 lp tomatoes on the vine
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 twig fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme), leaves roughly chopped
- 1 twig fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried rosemary), needles roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¾ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Preaheat oven to 400F/200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Wrap garlic in aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, herbs and onion with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the mixture in a single layer on the baking tray along with the garlic and bake for 20 minutes until onions are caramelized.
- In a blender puree tomato mixture and garlic until smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve with toasted garlic bread or grilled dairy- free cheese sandwiches.