Salad with Tangerine Cashew Dressing
This dressing is our favorite salad dressing. It is slightly sweet and creamy and refreshing at the same time. Feel free to sub the orange for a tangerine. I feel that an orange has more flesh than skin and ultimately works better in a salad. If you don’t have time to get messy, use organic no-sugar-added not-made-from-concentrate OJ or tangerine juice.
- 1 green salad, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Orange, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 tangerines, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Crema di Balsamico (store bought or home made, see recipe for reduced balsamic vinegar in "salads and dressings")
- Add salad, cranberries and orange pieces in a salad bowl.
- In a food processor or blender, puree cashews, tangerine juice, salt and Crema di Balsamico into a smooth sauce. Add some water if necessary to get the right consistency.
- Pour over salad and mix well.