Stefan’s Famous Herb Salad
My husband doesn’t have the time to cook very often, but if he does, he always comes up with an amazing combination of flavours. He especially loves the simplicity of the Italian cuisine, the freshness and intensity of its ingredients. For this salad, he got inspired by some recipes from famous French chef Alain Ducasse, who uses lots of fresh herbs in his recipes.
Chervil is a delicate culinary herb used frequently in French cuisine.
A member of the parsley family, chervil has a mild flavor with hints of licorice or anise. If you can’t find chervil, you can substitute parsley.
Tarragon belongs to the sunflower family. Tarragon has an intense flavour that’s a unique mix of sweet aniseed and a mild vanilla.
The only cheeses that my husband, an absolute cheese lover, still eats occasionally, are pecorino and parmigiano reggiano. Feel free to leave the pecorino shavings out of this recipe.
- 5 cups rocket salad, washed
- 2 cups endive salad, washed
- 3 fresh tarragon twigs, chopped
- 1 handful basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chervil, chopped
- 2 tbsp high quality EVOO
- A few shavings of pecorino (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately