Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies
The more strawberries, the juicier and tastier theses cookies are. If you prefer more texture in your cookies, leave the oats whole and don’t grind them into smaller pieces.
Our children had friends over today and I served the cookies together with some vanilla coconut ice cream… that really made their day! As a healthier alternative, you can whip up some banana ice cream- simply puree frozen banana pieces in the blender (to be able to blend them, you need to either let them thaw for a few minutes or add a tiny bit of plant milk).
- 1 cup rolled oats, preferably activated
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup date paste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- In a food processor, grind the oats into smaller pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 375F (170C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the strawberry pieces.
- Scoop heaping two spoonful of cookie dough onto the parchment paper and flatten the tops slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes until slightly brown. Transfer them to a baking rack and let them cool off.