Tapioca Pudding with Strawberries
This recipe is a hit in my family- probably mostly and deeply loved by my husband. I usually soak the tapioca pearls overnight. You can top it with any kind of fruits, chia seeds or toasted sesame seeds.
Our kids love to eat it at school for morning snack.
- 2 cups almond milk, divided
- 1/3 cup tapioca pearls
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Handful of strawberries
- In a medium pot soak the tapioca overnight (or for at least 5 hours) in 1 cup of almond milk.
- When you're ready to cook, add the other cup of almond milk and bring the tapioca/ milk mixture over medium heat to a gentle boil. Add the coconut milk, vanilla, and syrup.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the cornstarch/ water mixture and salt, cooking and stirring for another 4 minutes.
- Let the pudding cool off and enjoy cold or slightly warm.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- When serving cut strawberries in pieces and top the pudding with them.