Leftover Vegetable Fried Rice
For this recipe you can use any leftover vegetables, especially peppers, zucchini, eggplant, carrots, peas or edamame. I always keep some cooked brown rice in the freezer and can whip up this tasty meal in no time flat.
My leftovers this time consisted of asparagus, zucchini, carrots and mushrooms. I wasn’t too convinced to throw all those vegetables together, but it turned out fantastic. Proof once again, that any veggie combination can be used.
- Any leftover vegetables, cut in small cubes
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, peeled and minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp minced Scallion (white parts), thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Seitan strips
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Heat a wok on high heat.
- Add the sesame oil, followed by scallion whites, ginger and garlic.
- Stir for 5-6 seconds, then add remaining vegetables.
- Cook veggies for about a minute or two, not longer. You want the vegetables to be cooked but still crunchy. Stir constantly.
- Add seitan strips and any already cooked vegetables (like edamame).
- Stir in rice.
- Add soy sauce and combine well.
- Serve immediately.