I have to admit, that this is one of the very few recipes in which I add a bit of freshly grated Italian Parmesan cheese. It just doesn’t taste the same without it…
Linguine with Homemade Pesto
- 1 Package Linguine
- For the pesto:
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, washed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp extra vergin olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- In a small pan toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring salted water in a large pot to a boil and cook linguine according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, combine the first four ingredients for the pesto and grind to a paste. Add olive oil and mix well.
- Drain pasta and stir in pesto.