The combination of sweet bananas, chocolate chips and cranberries always ranks this recipe among my top three baking recipes. Everybody loves these muffins and they are put together in a very short time, using only one bowl.
Feel free to use raw cacao nibs and change the type of dried fruits from time to time. Cacao pairs really well with goji berries, I should give that combination a try. Otherwise you can use raisins, or a combination of small dried mango pieces and coconut flakes… the more I think about it, the more combinations I come up with…here is another one: fresh blueberries and white non diary chocolate chips-hmm, my mouth starts watering just by thinking of it!
I hope you’ll have fun with this versatile recipe!
- 1 cup date paste
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour ( I used 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup non dairy dark chocolate chips (or raw cacao nibs)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375F (170C).
- Add bananas to a large bowl and mash them well.
- Stir in date paste, applesauce and vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into the wet mixture and combine well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Fill the batter in silicone muffin baking trays and bake for 12-15 minutes.