These tartines are a great appetizer or small snack. They taste absolutely delicious!
It’s very easy to make roasted garlic yourself: Trim the tops of a whole garlic bulb to expose the cloves, set on a piece of aluminum foil and rub with olive oil. Wrap tightly up in foil and bake 30 minutes at 400F (200C). Cool and store in the fridge up to 6 days. To use, squeeze garlic from cloves.
- 1/2 cup of soft tofu
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 large portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 6″ long whole wheat baguette, sliced lengthwise
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, process tofu and garlic until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium/ high heat and sauté mushroom slices and shallot until softened, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and sauté until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the baguette slices in the oven.
- Spread tofu garlic mixture onto the baguette halves and top with mushroom spinach mixture.