I usually cook sweet potatoes in the microwave- they only need about 8 minutes do be soft. These patties taste wonderfully different and hold their shape really well.
Spread the buns with organic ketchup, mustard and top with slices tomatoes and avocado, drizzled with lemon juice and seasoned with black pepper.
The only healthy buns that I could find today were multigrain buns. They didn’t look too impressive but tasted surprisingly good.
- 1 can white beans, washed and drained
- 3/4 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Handful of parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slightly less than 1/2 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- Slightly less than 1/2 cup soy flour (or sub with any other flour)
- In a food processor, puree beans, onion, garlic and parsley.
- Add sweet potato and spices and pulse a fee times until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. With a fork, stir in flour and breadcrumbs .
- Refrigerate the mixture for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375F(180C).
- Form patties, place them on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Flip them over and bake for another 15 minutes. Alternatively, fry them in a non stick skillet.