You can serve this beautiful green dish straight from the blender as a hot soup or chill it in the refrigerator and serve it as a refreshing gazpacho.
You only need a blender to make this gazpacho. Easy to clean up. No mess in the kitchen. Just how I like it. The main ingredients are cucumber, avocado, fresh herbs and our daughter’s favorites: green peas.
A starchy vegetable, peas are a good source of energy, fiber, protein and essential vitamins. Green peas are loaded with vitamins A, B-1, B-6, C, and a super sized serving of vitamin K, a fat-soluble vitamin that plays important role in blood clotting and building strong bones. One more reason to include them in our daily diets.
- 250 gr (about 1 1/2 cups) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- handful of fresh parsley
- handful of fresh mint
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh scooped
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) veggie stock
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 small slice old rustic sourdough bread, cut into pieces
- Splash of chili oil (optional)
- Add stock to the blender and soak the bread pieces for a couple of minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Serve warm or chill in the fridge for an hour until cold.
- Sprinkle with toasted bread cubes and serve.