You gotta try this delicious almond turmeric latte– I have even started swopping coffees for turmeric latte. Sooo good!!
Turmeric is arguably the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing disease. It has so many healing properties that currently there have been over 6000 peer- reviewed articles published proving the benefits of turmeric and one of its renowned healing compounds curcumin. The most powerful aspect of curcumin is its ability to control inflammation.
The journal Oncogene published the results of a study that evaluated several anti-inflammatory compounds and found that aspirin and ibuprofen are least effective, while curcumin, is among the most effective anti-inflammatory compounds in the world.
- 2 cups activated almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp manuka honey
- 1-2 tsp turmeric paste (mix 2 parts turmeric with 1 part boiling water; store in fridge) or use fresh grated turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground ginger,
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the milk.
- Bring to the point where it is almost boiling, then remove from heat.
- Whisk in the spices, stir in the honey, add a pinch of cayenne pepper. Whisk enough to have a good amount of milk foam.
- Divide among two mugs and top with milk foam.