Coconut Strawberry Yogurt Topped with Buckwheat
To make the sauce, the three main ingredients are: coconut yogurt, almond milk and activated cashews. Then, I add juicy ripe strawberries, a bit of healing Manuka honey and puree the mixture in the blender until smooth. There are numerous ways to top the cream: activated nuts and seeds, activated buckwheat groats, superfoods like bee pollen, flaxseeds, fresh berries, puffed grains and many more.
Raw buckwheat groats should be soaked in water with a splash of lemon overnight. Next morning, wash them really well and drain them. Soaking makes the grains more digestible and gets rid of anti nutrients.
This time, we added toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds ( activated, of course). To toast them, spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Toast them on 300F (150C) for 10 minutes, shake the tray or mix them up with a spatula and toast for another 1o minutes.
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight, then rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup activated almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or pure vanilla essence)
- 1/2 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp manuka honey
- Toasted sunflower seeds and pepitas
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1/4 raw buckwheat groats
- Puffed rice
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- Puree almond milk, cashews and yogurt in a blender until smooth. Add cinnamon, honey and strawberries and pulse a few times. Adjust the consistency of the cream by adding more milk.
- Chill in the fridge or eat right away.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy.