Creamy Brown Rice Pumpkin Risotto
I love Italian cuisine, and one of my favorite dishes is Risotto. What I love about making risotto is it can be flavored with an endless variety of ingredients. If you love making risotto, you’ll love my Pumpkin Risotto- it’s creamy and full of pumpkin flavor.
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut in 1/2" cubes (1 cm cubes)
- 1 1/2 small onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra vergin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (e.g.Pinot Grigio)
- 4-5 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- In a large heavy pot, heat olive oil and sauté onions and squash for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add rosemary and garlic, pressing it trough a garlic press. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add white wine, raise the heat slightly and cook until the wine evaporates.
- Add a ladle full of hot veggie broth to the rice and simmer on low heat until all the liquid has absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Repeat until all the broth is used and the rice is creamy and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with fresh rosemary twigs.