French Toast with Banana and Strawberry Sauce
French toast on the weekend is a MUST in our family. For variety, use different kinds of milk and different breads.
Banana French Toast with Strawberry Sauce
Write a review
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 10 slices of whole wheat bread, 2 days old
- Maple syrup
- 2 handful fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2-3 tbsp soy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- In a blender, puree all ingredients except bread.
- Pour mixture into a large rectangular baking dish or bowl.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in the dish and let them soak for five minutes. Turn over and let soak for another five minutes.
- Cook in a non stick skillet on medium heat, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, blend strawberries with soy yogurt creamy.
- Serve French Toasts with maple syrup and strawberry sauce.