French Toast with Raspberry Sauce
French toasts are naturally delicious and are a regular part of our weekend breakfasts. The chilled raspberry sauce is a great alternative to the traditional maple syrup topping and can easily be prepared while the French Toasts are frying.
You might be surprised to find nutritional yeast on the list of the ingredients. Be assured that there won´t be the slightest bit of cheesy flavor, but provides you with tons of vitamin B. Just a half tablespoon of some brands will provide you with a day’s worth of B vitamins. In addition, nutritional yeast is a complete protein, meaning that among the 18 amino acids it contains, nine are essential ones that your body cannot produce.
French toasts sizzling in a pan…
Keep them covered and warm until you have fried the remaining bread slices.
- 6 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup flour (I use usually spelt or brown rice flour)
- Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy yogurt
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- Place frozen raspberries in blender and let thaw until the french toasts are ready.
- In a blender, combine milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutritional yeast, salt and flour together.
- Pour in flat dish and soak bread slices in the mixture. Leave for 5 minutes, then flip and let soak for another 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large non- stick skillet over medium heat and add bread slices.
- Fry golden brown on both sides.
- Blend raspberries and yogurt until smooth.
- Arrange french toasts on plates, garnish with raspberries and serve the raspberry sauce on the side.