Banana Acai Bowl
For us living on the southern hemisphere, summer is just around the corner and the temperatures are on a steady climb. A nutritious, cold breakfast can be a refreshing start into a hot day- our children crave cold breakfast on hot summer mornings. If you prefer a warmer breakfast like me (has to be at least room temperature!), thaw the acai pouches for a couple of hours and add a fresh banana instead of froyen pieces.
- 2x 100g pouches frozen pureed acai
- 1 frozen ripe banana (or use a fresh banana if you don't have a frozen one on hand)
- 1/2 cup homemade granola
- 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
- Handful of berries
- Hold Acai pouches under hot water until you can break them into pieces.
- In a high powered blender puree acai and banana until smooth.
- Garnish with your choice of toppings and enjoy cold.