Gluten Free Rice Flakes Breakfast Porridge
I recently came upon a package of brown rice flakes in the health food aisle of our local supermarket and thought I’ll give them a try. We were greatly rewarded! The rice flakes porridge had a great texture and tasted delicious. What a great alternative to oat meal!
Brown rice flakes have the same health benefits as brown rice. BROWN RICE is such a great and versatile grain, which still includes the side hull and bran. The side hulls and brans provide “natural wholeness” to the grain and are rich in proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber, and potassium.
To read more on brown rice milk and brown rice health benefits, open this post http://plantbasedhappy.com/?p=5262
- 1 cup brown rice flakes
- 1 cup brown rice milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Toppings: blueberries, banana slices, raspberries, chia seeds, hemp seeds, chopped toasted nuts, toasted coconut flakes
- Combine the liquid and raisins in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the rice flakes and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened up a bit.
- Stir in the maple syrup and shredded coconut.
- Top with your choice of seeds, nuts and fruits and enjoy warm.