There are a couple of tricks that will help you make the perfect pancakes:
- First, heat the skillet well, then reduce the temperature and cook the pancakes slowly over medium- low heat.
- Using an egg beater or a blender will make the batter fluffy.
The lemon zest and juice gives these pancakes a delicious unexpected flavor. Lucuma powder is made from whole Peruvian lucuma fruit that has been dried at low temperatures and milled into a fine powder. An excellent source of carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals, Lucuma Powder smells divine and has a creamy citrus flavour. It was known as ‘Gold of the Incas’ and is rich in Vitamins B1, B2 and C, fibre and Calcium.
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Coconut oil for frying (if needed)
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together with an electric beater.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until fluffy.
- Heat a skillet over high heat and add a tiny bit of coconut oil.
- Reduce the heat to medium- low and and add 1 tablespoon of batter to the pan, depending on the size of pancakes you want to have.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the pancakes are golden brown, then flip them over and cook until the underside is brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.