Chia Banana Waffles
For this recipe, you need about two egg replacers- swap around using flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp water for 1 egg), bananas (one banana for one egg) or use an egg replacer for 1 egg. We love the taste of bananas and I take every opportunity to sneak one into a recipe.
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water, let sit for 5-10 minutes until a gel forms)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- In a blender, process the almond milk, banana, cinnamon and apple sauce until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and whisk in the chia egg, flour and baking powder.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Spray the inside lightly with cooking spray and bake the waffles until slightly crispy.