Roasted Root Vegetables with Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Very easy to prepare dish. Our kids love to peel and cut the veggies, we chuck them in the oven together and 30 minutes later dinner is ready. What I particularly like about this dish is that the vegetables are drizzled with a very small amount of olive oil and that the dip is completely oil free, which nobody notices because of the variety of delicious flavors in this dish.
The sweet carrots are the kids’ favorite vegetable. The sweet potatoes and parsnips are perfect for dipping.
- 1/2 lp parsnips, washed
- 1/2 lp young carrots with greens still attached
- 1 sweet potato, cut in thick sticks
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp extra vergin olive oil (optional)
- Sea salt
- Roasted red pepper dip (see in "Salty Snacks" in recipe folder)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Wash and prepare vegetables. Arrange in a single layer on two baking trays lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes, flip and roast for another 15 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Serve with dip and fresh bread.