Semolina Cranberry Cashew Balls
Semolina is made from durum wheat, a hard variety of wheat. Durum semolina is commonly used in the manufacturing of pasta because of its high gluten content, which gives the pasta its pleasant taste and ensures that it retains its shape during the cooking process.
I use Semolina very rarely as it is a refined food. Whole foods are always a better chice than refined foods. Occasionally, I make these little sweet balls for the kids.
If you´re not sure what I mean by “activated cashews”, read my post on activation http://plantbasedhappy.com/?p=6272. Very important step in preparing nuts!
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup date paste
- 1/3 cup dried unsweetened or low sugar cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup activated cashews, chopped
- In a small pot bring water to a boil. Stir in semolina and remove from heat.
- When it gets solid add remaining ingredients.
- Let mixture cool off slightly, then form small balls with moist fingers.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.