This TOFU SCRAMBLE is very much loved by our son, whether I serve it for breakfast or a quick fix dinner. The turmeric makes it look like scrambled eggs. Turmeric is more than just a spice, it is a powerful antioxidant and has a natural anti-inflammatory effect.
Feel free to use your favorite veggies for your tofu scramble.
Watch as you add yellow turmeric to the white color of the tofu…
…and see how the tofu will be transformed into a beautiful yellow scramble.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 package button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 2 tbsp Umeboshi vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp turmeric
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 package tofu, drained and dried
- Heat oil in a large pan. Saute onion for 3 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms and asparagus and cook until tender but still firm, about 2 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tamari, truffle oil, vinegar, turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and cover the pan. Turn off the heat, wait until leaves have wilted and stir in the parsley.
- Serve warm or cold.