Enjoy a glass full of green goodness which contains a huge variety of important nutrients. Especially kale is a very versatile and nutritious green leafy vegetable.
Here are just a few of the many health benefits of kale:
- Kale is very rich in vitamin A, which is required for healthy mucus membranes and skin and is essential for vision.
- 100 g of fresh leaves contain 120 mg or 200% of daily-recommended levels of vitamin C.Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, which helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- It is one of the excellent vegetable sources for vitamin-K. Vitamin K has potential role bone health by promoting osteotrophic (bone formation and strengthening) activity. Adequate vitamin-K levels in the diet help limiting neuronal damage in the brain; thus, has established role in the treatment of patients suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Kale contains over 45 different flavonoids which combine both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- It has cholesterol lowering benefits and its nutrients play a vital role in preventing all sorts of cancer.
Be sure to add a little bit of lemon to the juice, which helps to increase the absorption rate of nutrients up to five times!
- 4 green apples
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 lemon, peeled
- 2 handful of spinach leaves
- 1 bunch of kale
- Juice all ingredients.
- Serve over ice.