This is such a filling a hearty soup that is served best with crispy wholegrain bread.
Italian Cannellini Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- In a heavy pot heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add onion and celery saute for 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and rosemary and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add beans and veggie broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup with an immersion mixer or in a blender.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve.